The 2020 Toy Drive program Kicks off on November 23 and runs through December 23. But you can start helping now!
Our Firefighters recognized the need to provide toys to families and individuals that were less fortunate, and not likely to experience the joys of the holiday season.
For the health and safety of our community the Violet Township Fire Department toy drive has several new options for contactless and virtual donations via Target, Amazon and Paypal.
You can give a gift, cash donation or gift card at the following links:
We anticipate the need for assistance in our community will be extreme this year, so please keep watching our website and social media accounts for updates and announcements.
- 100% no-contact drop off
- Masks will be required to bring toys into our fire station locations
- We will be accepting ONLY the following:
o New, unwrapped toys in their original boxes
o Gift cards/monetary donations
- We will NOT accept the following:
o Stuffed animals
o Used or secondhand items of any kind
o No handmade/homemade items
o No items not in their original box
o No food gifts (this includes cookies and goodie drop offs to the staff at the fire station)
- A drive through drop off event will be held on December 5, 2020 from 8AM - 3PM at our fire station located on Refugee Road. You can simply pull in with your new, unwrapped toys, gift cards or cash donations and we can unload them for you. What a great family giving moment while assisting others who need a helping hand. Reminder notices about this event will be posted on our social media closer to the event.
- The fire station lobbies at Station 591 and Station 592 will be open for drop off only between the hours of 8 AM and 8 PM. Doors will be unlocked during that time, so all you need to do is drop the items(s) in the designated container.
o Station 591 – drop inside the vestibule on the Columbus Street door
o Station 592 – drop in the lobby at the front door on Refugee Road
o Station 593 – we will have some type of an outdoor drop box located just outside the door at our station on Taylor Park Drive
o If you have a large amount of toys, bikes, etc. that have been donated, please contact us at 614-837-4123 to discuss drop off arrangements.
- There will be a designated gift card and monetary donation box located at each fire station. Please place those items inside that designated box.
- There will be very limited toy drop off boxes in other locations around the Township due to the ongoing COVID 19 restrictions. Please keep checking our social media and website for those locations as the start date nears.
Our fire stations will remain closed to the public for general visits and tours through the end of this year. We will not be receiving baked goods or food donations of any kind for staff members unless approved in advance by the officer in charge. Casual visits to see the equipment will not be permitted.
|I Need Additional Information|
|Our Thanks to You|
In past years, our community has been very gracious with donations for those in need. Our hope is that your support will again allow us to help those in need this year. Although we have had to place a number of restrictions on this year’s toy drive, we feel confident the community will rise to the occasion. We thank-you in advance for your support and look forward to making the holiday bright and happy for those in need.