Our Firefighters recognized the need to provide toys to families and individuals that were less fortunate, and not likely to experience the joys of the holiday season.
More than 25 years ago, our Firefighters recognized the need to provide toys to families and individuals that were less fortunate, and not likely to experience the joys of the holiday season.
|How Can I Help?|
During this holiday toy drive, we collect toys which are used to fill hundreds of requests for families in need. Donated funds are used to purchase items additional age-related toys and gift cards, and help cover miscellaneous expenses.
We are 100% funded by donations from members of the community and will not solicit funds or donations over the phone.
You can also donate cash, gift cards and toys using the links below:
|How Are Families Selected/How Do I Apply For Assistance?|
If you or someone you know is in need for the coming holiday season, please contact your school’s guidance counselor, your local church, Fairfield County Information Referral, or other charitable organization. Please do not contact the fire department for assistance. Information and updates on how to apply for assistance will be posted on our website and social media it is received or updated.
|Toy Drive Changes/Updates|
Our annual Toy Drive has some retooling and important changes since the COVID 19 outbreak. As always, we anticipate the need for assistance in our community will be great this year, so please keep watching our website and social media accounts for updates and announcements.
- 100% no-contact drop off if needed
- We will be accepting ONLY the following:
o New, unwrapped toys in their original boxes
o Gift cards/monetary donations
- We will NOT accept the following:
o Stuffed animals
o Used or secondhand items of any kind
o No handmade/homemade items
o No items not in their original box
- The fire station lobbies at Station 591 and Station 592 will be open for drop off only between the hours of 8 AM and 8 PM. Doors will be unlocked during that time, so all you need to do is drop the items(s) in the designated container.
o Station 591 – drop inside the vestibule on the Columbus Street door
o Station 592 – drop in the lobby at the front door on Refugee Road
o If you have a large amount of toys, bikes, etc. that have been donated, please contact us at 614-837-4123 to discuss drop off arrangements.
- There will be a designated gift card and monetary donation box located at each fire station. Please place those items inside that designated box.
- There will be toy drop off boxes in other locations around the Township . Please keep checking our social media and website for those locations as the start date nears. Our Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088059972392
|I Need Additional Information|
|Our Thanks to You|
In past years, our community has been very gracious with donations for those in need. Our hope is that your support will again allow us to help those in need this year. We feel confident the community will rise to the occasion. We thank-you in advance for your support and look forward to making the holiday bright and happy for those in need.