Annual Toy Drive
Our Firefighters recognized the need to provide toys to families and individuals that were less fortunate, and not likely to experience the joys of the holiday season. Our Annual Toy Drive kicked off more than 20 years ago.
|How Can I Help?|
During this holiday toy drive, we collect toys which are used to fill hundreds of requests for families in need. Donated funds are used to purchase items additional age-related toys and gift cards, and help cover miscellaneous expenses.
We are 100% funded by donations from members of the community and will not solicit funds or donations over the phone.
|How Are Families Selected/How Do I Apply For Assistance?|
If you or someone you know is in need for the coming holiday season, please contact your school’s guidance counselor, your local church, Fairfield County Information Referral, or other charitable organization. Please do not contact the fire department for assistance. Information and updates on how to apply for assistance will be posted on our website and social media it is received or updated.
|COVID 19 Toy Drive Changes/Updates|
Our annual Toy Drive will still be held, but with some retooling and important changes to meet the COVID-19 moment. We anticipate the need for assistance in our community will be extreme this year, so please keep watching our website and social media accounts for updates and announcements.
- 100% no-contact drop off
- Masks will be required to bring toys into our fire station locations
- We will be accepting ONLY the following:
o New, unwrapped toys in their original boxes
o Gift cards/monetary donations
- We will NOT accept the following:
o Stuffed animals
o Used or secondhand items of any kind
o No handmade/homemade items
o No items not in their original box
o No food gifts (this includes cookies and goodie drop offs to the staff at the fire station)
- A drive through drop off event will be held on December 5. More information will be posted on our website and social media closer to this event.
- The fire station lobbies at Station 591 and Station 592 will be open for drop off only between the hours of 8 AM and 8 PM. Doors will be unlocked during that time, so all you need to do is drop the items(s) in the designated container.
o Station 591 – drop inside the vestibule on the Columbus Street door
o Station 592 – drop in the lobby at the front door on Refugee Road
o Station 593 – we will have some type of an outdoor drop box located just outside the door at our station on Taylor Park Drive
o If you have a large amount of toys, bikes, etc. that have been donated, please contact us at 614-837-4123 to discuss drop off arrangements.
- There will be a designated gift card and monetary donation box located at each fire station. Please place those items inside that designated box.
- There will be very limited toy drop off boxes in other locations around the Township due to the ongoing COVID 19 restrictions. Please keep checking our social media and website for those locations as the start date nears.
Our fire stations will remain closed to the public for general visits and tours through the end of this year. We will not be receiving baked goods or food donations of any kind for staff members unless approved in advance by the officer in charge. Casual visits to see the equipment will not be permitted.
|I Need Additional Information|
|Our Thanks to You|
In past years, our community has been very gracious with donations for those in need. Our hope is that your support will again allow us to help those in need this year. Although we have had to place a number of restrictions on this year’s toy drive, we feel confident the community will rise to the occasion. We thank-you in advance for your support and look forward to making the holiday bright and happy for those in need.