A Guide to Violet Township Government
Violet Township works in partnership with residents, businesses and schools to:.
- Provide a friendly and positive atmosphere where citizens choose to live, raise families and take pride in their community
- Provide a welcoming environment for businesses to locate and succeed
- Promote planned growth and economic vitality
- Create a positive work environment
- Meet service expectations and obligations through innovation, fiscal responsibility, and commitment to excellence
The Township operates under the laws of the State of Ohio as Home-Rule Township, governed by the Ohio Revised Code and township resolution. Violet Township is governed with an elected Board of Trustees form of government; and an elected Fiscal Officer. These positions are non-partisan positions.
Principally responsible for policy-making
Meets the third Wednesday of each month; special meetings when announced.
Passes resolutions as a reflection of the Township's policy direction, and a good, common sense approach
Principally responsible for keeping a record of all accounts and transactions
Acts as the Board Secretary by keeping an accurate account of the Board of Trustees at all meeting
Annual budget preparation
Tracks all legal and regular records
Day-to-day operations of the Township are carried out by more than 100 employees under the direction of either the Township Administrator, Road Superintendent, or Fire Chief. The township provides a host of services to residents and local businesses:
- Emergency services (fire and emergency medical services)
- Transportation infrastructure (including street construction and maintenance, plowing, Engineering)
- Parks and recreation (limited)
- Planning and zoning
- Economic Development
- Building inspection
- Fire Inspection
Finally, Violet Township believes in partnerships. The Township has teamed up with other area municipalities and organizations to collectively market the great commercial and business development opportunities our area can provide. The goal of these partnerships is to recruit quality companies to locate operations in Violet Township and diversify our employment base. We feel this is an important tool to assist us in providing for a win-win partnership among community stakeholders.